Thursday, July 30, 2009

I had some real "proud mama" moments last week. Ryland participated in a soccer camp - his first real, organized sports program. He will be in the local soccer league beginning in August and this was a great way to get him started. He LOVES to play soccer and really learned a lot of great skills this week! I must say, he is quite a natural! I am so proud - I played soccer all growing up and can't describe how fun it is to watch him play now!








On the last day, the kids were encouraged to bring dress-up clothes and the coach had to wear the items....the kids had a great time, and Coach Mark was a really great sport!



Coach Mark didn't end up wearing the wig we brought, so Selah wore it instead! Gorgeous hair, Selah-Bear!





The camp was run by Challenger Sports and they bring British coaches that play semi-pro in England to teach the kids. I was so impressed by them and how well they interacted with the kids. It was so funny, too, because by the end of the week, the kids had picked up a bit of the accent. :) I must say that I was a little nervous about it because we didn't know what to expect,
but this was such a great experience and we are so happy we did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment