Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Graduation Day...


Today is a strange day for emotions. Today is my dad's last day at the Woodland Police Department. Today is the last day of preschool for Ryland. For both of them, it is Graduation Day. My dad, graduates to a new stage, retirement, a little bit uncertain, a little bit anxious, but excited and eager for the next thing. His impact in our community was evident on Saturday night at a party we threw for him ( I will post more on that later). I know he will continue to work and touch the lives of those around him - he just can't help it - but it is still so weird the the chapter of the Department is now closed. I love you, Dad - you are great at what you do, all of it, and I look forward to seeing what you do next!

As for Ry, I know, it is "just preschool" and there are many more graduations to come, but I can't help but be a little nostalgic for my baby...my Ry-Guy who is such a big boy! Kindergarten starts August 10th and he turns five on the 12th. It is hard to express my feelings about this, as they are all cliche... It is so great to watch him grow and become the man I know he will be...

Brad and I also just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary...what a difference 6 years makes! :) We've come a long, long way, Baby! I love you, always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment